Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Law is All Around Us

Several Months ago, I decided to take science classes. It was a multi-purpose decision. The biggest reason was probably to have something to occupy myself with as the job market collapsed into nothingness. I started pre-req classes this summer. The funny thing is, when I told my friends I had a weak science background, they were like "but science is all around us." It's one of those typical things people say, like "biology is all around us," or physics, or math.

But after a few months, it's ironic that I have discovered that law is all around us. Invariably, every time people find out I'm a lawyer, they will bring up current situations in which they are dealing with an attorney. I guess the most predictable is the professor dealing with patent issues. But there are so many other random things as well. Contracts issues, liability, employment. Perhaps it shouldn't surprise me, but it did. The bright side is that there seems to be a pretty decent demand for legal services. Of course, the sad caveat is that the supply of attorneys still overshadows that demand.

If it is of any consolation to the out-of-work coders out there, even recently minted Master of Science graduates are having a tough time in the job market out there.

2 comments:

  1. Law may be all around us - jobs are not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other blog is saying that 2 Logan is shutting down. Is this true?

    ReplyDelete